ABOUT THE PAAs
PAAs come from a wide range of cultural, ethnic, religious and scholastic backgrounds. PAAs' tastes in hobbies, music, and goals range as wide as their other backgrounds. PAAs also take part in UCI activities, clubs, and sports all year round. When you come in for an advising session, rest assured that you are placed in the hands of UCI's most knowledgeable and involved students. Never be afraid of asking for information from our PAAs, you will be surprised with how much they know!
In addition to our advising roles, PAAs also participate in the following:
• Academic Advisory Committee: Our representatives voice student concerns about policies and programs.
• Student Outreach: PAAs provide a "First Resort" Welcome Week booth for academic advice and information.
• Student Panels: We often serve on panels addressing diverse segments of the student community.
• Celebrate UCI: We staff an information booth geared toward prospective students and their families at the annual Wayzgoose carnival.
• Advising Series: From Weeks 6 through 8, look for PAAs in an on-campus program to help assist in scheduling classes.
• Middle Earth and Mesa Court: From Weeks 6 through 8, PAAs from every school will visit to answer your most pressing registration concerns.
This is just a small portion of the programs and activities that the PAAs participate in. Each individual PAA also has many personal and diverse experiences with many of UCI's programs. Come in at any time and take advantage of the PAAs' knowledge and experience. We can help you with:
• Planning programs of study
• Scheduling classes
• Learning about other majors and minors
• Time management issues
• Career and goal assessment
• Research opportunities
• Graduate school planning
• Campus resource referrals
• Campus involvement