civic and community engagement
UCI MINOR IN CIVIC AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Interested in the Minor in Civic and Community Engagement?
Enroll in Uni Stu 10 Introduction in Civic and Community Engagement this
fall, and complete one of the two required courses for the minor! Uni
Stu 10 is open to all majors; you don't have to be in the minor to enroll
in this course.
- List of Approved Electives for the Minor
Declaring the minor in civic and community engagement
To declare the minor in civic and community engagement send an email to the faculty director, Paula Garb, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your message your name, student ID, major(s) and minor(s), estimated month and year of graduation, email, phone number, and any specific questions you have about the requirements. In the subject line please write: "Minor in Civic and Community Engagement."
The Minor in Civic and Community Engagement gives you the knowledge, skills, and values to be agents of change in your community. The minor is a chance to use your academic experience to make a difference in the world! In this minor, you will:
- Increase your understanding of environmental, social, educational, and other public problems from different disciplinary perspectives
- Learn how community and non-profit organizations and public policy address significant social and environmental issues.
- Connect your major to public problems and concerns about equity and social justice
- Learn about community-based research to help understand and address public problems
- Ground your learning in real world, community settings.
Who can participate: The minor is open to all undergraduate majors on campus. Up to two courses can count towards the minor and your major or other minors, with approval from that major or minor.