Welcome to Student Support Services
Student Support Services is a comprehensive support program that assists first-generation, low-income students and students with disabilities with making a successful transition to the University and earning their baccalaureate degree. The staff are committed to helping all participants achieve their educational and personal goals.
Participants receive the following services:
- Individual counseling sessions with well-trained and knowledgeable counselors.
- Peer mentoring from upper-division students who are themselves successful in college and committed to helping their peers be or become successful.
- Information on campus and community resources that can help students achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Space where students can meet, hang out, and study with other students. The lounge and our offices are located in 2100 Student Services II. Student Services II is directly across from the Zot 'N Go off the Ring Mall from the Student Center.
- A series of workshops aimed at helping students succeed and thrive academically and personally at UCI (Please check out our Workshops for upcoming events).
- Referrals for tutoring from Learning and Academic Resources Center (LARC). Some SSS participants may be eligible for LARC tutoring scholarships. If you think you may be eligible, contact one of our staff members.
- A Summer Bridge program for incoming freshmen.
Please stop by our offices or contact us if you think you might be eligible for services.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your academic and personal goals.